This last weekend I went on a "Girls Trip" with a couple of friends. We went up to Marysville to the outlet mall and we stayed at the Tualilip Casino/Hotel. It was really nice. The room was beautiful, valets, bell boys, buffets, hot tubs,spa... lots of fun stuff. The greatest thing was the SHOWER! Seriously my favorite part of the weekend! There were three big square nozzles that came out of the wall, so they hit your body everywhere! Oh, I couldn't wait to take a shower. I so need one of those!
And shopping... lots and lots of shopping... I had no idea I could shop so long. But I had so much fun. It was a much needed weekend away. I only allowed myself to use cash all weekend, which was an eye opening expirience for me. I was much more careful about what I spent money on, knowing it was going to run out. Funny... credit cards never really seem to run out? Why is that? Usually when I shop I am in a hurry... its how fast can I get what I need to get? Seriously, I break a sweat. Its like a workout. It was kinda fun to know that I had lots of time and just relax.
Thanks, babe, for encouraging me to go and taking care of the kids, and being so supportive of me taking time for myself. Even though it cut into your work schedule and weekend.
The past couple of days I have been thinking alot about my friends. I have always had good friends. Friends have always been important to me and I have always had the good fortune to make good friends. I just wanted to let my friends know how grateful I am for them. Thank you for listening and not judging. Thank you for being there for me when I need you. Thank you for allowing me to vent my frustrations. I love having similar goals and things we like to do together. I've been working out with different friends, and I love that it is important to them to be healthy and that we can work towards our goals together and support each other. (Although... you are all getting too hot! I feel like I'm being left in the dust!) I love that each of them have different qualities: one will see Twilight with me 7 times, another will go run with me outside, or make me think about the kind of person that I am, or help me to appreciate my husband more, or drive really fast in my Viper with me (OK, there are quite a few of them that enjoy that:)) or just someone to be super honest with me. Or how can I forget "Bunko" friends! I am so glad that it is also important to you guys to have that girl time together. I think it makes us stronger women and better moms and wifes.
Sorry, I'm getting mushy... I have just felt really blessed this last week when I think about my friends and what each of you bring to my life. Thank you for being you and being a friend to me! I hope you all know how much I love you and know that I would do anything for you and that I am a better person because of you guys!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Friends!
Posted by Annette Rose at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
That part about "friends" was so sweet. I'm not surprised you have such great friends....because YOU are a great friend. Glad you had a fun get away, and I hope you acutally wear the clothes you bought...I remember that huge pile you got rid of without wearing!
How fun!!! friends are the best!!! They get us through our toughest times!!! Sweet post! Sounds like a "girlie" weekend!
your the best...love ya tons, and had a total blast with you last weekend.
sun
Sign me up...I want to be your friend! What a sweetie. I am going to the Tri-Cities with my boys (I guess that could include my hubby, but it does not) April 13th for a few days. I would REALLY love to get together if you are around. Email me, or facebook.
I'm not sure which friend I am but hopefully I'm still on your list somewhere. It's been harder to get together being in a different ward and with my husband working so much but maybe by summer we'll be able to take a fun trip together or something.
Jana- We should totally get together while you are here. I'd love to see ya!
Stace- You are still one of my favorite friends! i love that we still hang out. You guys are the best. It sux that we never seem to be able to get together. We should totally do a fun trip this summer though.
Sounds fun..... glad to hear you had such a great time! Next time we will have to go with an empty CC or alot of CA$H.... (smile)
Jacob
You are amazing at making friends. It is a definate talent of yours. You will always be surrounded by them!
Hey lady!! Sounds like a GREAT weekend!! I'm in love with those types of showers too!! I have to have one when I buy a house!! So I haven't been on in awhile, but where did you get those cute heels? My computer did load all the way, I only got to see the picture.
Can I be your Utah friend???? You have always had alot of friends annette, probably cuz YOU are the good friend!
Post a Comment