Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween!

Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Early in the week we went to Billy & Amanda's house and carved pumpkins with them and the Hansen's. Not to worry, those pumpkins were 80 pounds. Neffs grew them and they were HUGE!

We did the Trunk or Treat with our ward on Thursday night. The kids had lots of fun and came home with GOOD candy. Remember when we were kids, you were LUCKY if you got one or two little candy bars or chocolate... Man, not anymore, their bags were full of CHOCOLATE! Kyson doesn't like nuts or peanut butter, so we get to take all of the candy with nuts out... PB Cups, Reeces, Snickers, Peanut M&M's, Butterfingers, pretty much all of the good stuff. Unfortunately for me its another Halloween when I am on a diet (30 pounds, by the way) So I don't even get to enjoy it...

On Halloween I really wanted to figure out a way to get around trick or treating. I just hate all of the candy in the house. So we decided to go out to dinner and take the kids to a movie. Well, there were no kids movies out this weekend, at least not any that were worth paying $9./person to go see, so we ended up at our friends' house, (Neff's). We let the kids do about 5 houses and then we put a movie on for them and we played Pinochle, which we haven't done forever. It was lots of fun.(I did snag myself a Butterfinger, Twix and Peanut Butter Cup... YUMMY! They were good.) Whoever says once you are off sugar for a while and then you eat it, it wont taste good... well, thats a lie. It had been 36 days since I'd had sugar and it was GOOD! Although I did feel a little ill afterwards...

The next morning I decided to dump all the candy on the counter, I took out all the sticky/suckory type stuff, and let the boys each pick out a few things. I didn't think this would go over very well going from tons of candy to 10 pieces, but they didn't even mind. I let them each pick out their favorite 10 pieces, and put the rest in a bag, which I was going to take to my brother Terry. But I think Jacob snagged it for the office when he saw how much "GOOD" stuff there was. Sorry Terry! I tried! What I can't believe is its been two days, and their bags of 10 pieces are still on the counter. I figured they be long gone by now. The only rule I made for their candy was that they had to brush their teeth after each piece. I figured they'd have it gone by that afternoon. I was hoping actually. Its really hard to see it every time I go in the kitchen.

I have decided to stick with my diet through the holidays. I am hoping for another 30-40 pounds by the end of the year. So far, so good. But the holidays are always hard. I guess if you can do it through the holidays I should be able to do it anytime, huh?

Hey one more thing... when did every holiday become about the candy? Have you noticed this? Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day... Did Hersheys invent these holidays or what? I hate that its all about junk. It seems like every time you turn around we are celebrating something, with candy. Its really hard to try and raise healthy kids in this enviroment we live in. Ok, enough of that tangent, sorry... but seriously! Oh, and speaking of Seriously, what is up with Grey's? Its getting kinda disgusting! Must every show have a gay couple? No offense meant to anyone, touchy subject, I know... but remember just 10 years ago when we found out Ellen was gay, not even on the show, in real life, and ABC cancelled her show, just for her coming out? And now, I don't know if there are any shows I watch that don't have a gay couple. I can stomach the "idea" but I can't stomach them making out on tv or showing or talking about what they are doing. UGH! Its so disappointing to me. No wonder this Proposition 8 is such a huge deal... with what the media is pushing into our homes we are really at a disadvantage as families trying to raise our children with morals. You don't even want to get me started on politics right now!

That was kind of an odd post, huh? Anyway, I hope everyone had a GREAT HALLOWEEN! Thanksgiving is right around the corner and then CHRISTMAS! My favorite time of the year... at least until Obama is made president and decides to do away with it. Oops, there I go again. I am really on one today!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

seriously the tv thing is driving me nuts! grey's used to be one of my favorites and i've quit watching because i can't handle it now. so disappointing!

Tiffany said...

Grey's is crazy! I hate that part! I just cover my ears and my eyes until over!! UGH!! I love that show but REALLY!!! It gets frustrating!

Anywho.... fun halloween for you! Pumpkins look good too! And NO Terry needs NO MORE CANDY!!!!!!!!
The kids haven't really had any of it but Terry has had his share! I think I am donating it to his office. But that's on the HUSH HUSH!!
Fun times!!

janellelee said...

cute halloween/pumpkin pics! we had fun too.
i am so stressed about obama...i will be so sad, but such is life.
the baby pictures below are so amazing! hope he continues to grow:)

Unknown said...

Hey Annette, sounds like you had a fun Halloween. Free candy is always nice! Haha.

By the way, I noticed you said you were on a diet... have you heard of Stacker 2's new Diet & Energy shot? If you want to lose weight and also get a boost of energy, you should definitely try it. It's zero calories and comes in a tasty Tropical Blast flavor. Check it out at www.stacker2.com

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by commenting on your blog, by the way. I work with Stacker 2 so feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the drink. We'd love to hear what you think of it!

Andy Gerrard
Brand Ambassador
andystacker2@gmail.com

Annette Rose said...

OK- so who is Andy??? CREEPY! I hate to go private but thats kinda wierd that random people can comment and read your comments...

Tiffany said...

That is soo CREEPY!!!

Holly said...

Okay, that Andy thing just weirded me out. The word diet must have pulled you up in a google search or something. I think you can change your settings so you can't be googled. Hey, what's your email address again? For some reason I don't have it saved.

Jana said...

That was a fun blog to read,and fun pictures.
Obama, just have a little hope and faith in the guy. His speach was awesome! Not that words mean a whole lot. But it did give me a feeling of hope for the future. An excitement to see what he does. Only time can really tell. But, he is not all that bad in my opinion. (I think I probably just opened a flood gate).