Monday, November 17, 2008

Kyson turned 7!



Kyson turned 7 last week! I can't believe it. He is just getting so big! He had a party with friends on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday, his birthday, Jacob went and got him and took him out to lunch. He got to pick the place, he picked Subway. That surprised me, but I guess thats pretty much the only fast food place we take them... Then we went out with the "family" to Inca, for Mexican food. Also his pick. There were 15 of us there, we are turning into quite the group. After Inca we came home and had a family party for him. I also took cupcakes into his classroom and stayed there for the afternoon.
I felt kind bad because I always do a big special cake, that takes all day and is super cool. But we couldn't find something he really wanted and the whole party was not really themed. Transformer invites and party bags, HSM Bingo, Cars Pinata, and then the cupcake tower. We had a bouncey house thing, and then it rained all day... So the whole thing was just thrown together. Thanks to Grandma Rose who had bunches of games to play. The kids loved Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Dropping Clothespins into a jar, Bingo... They seemed like they had lots of fun. I hope he didn't mind the chaos of it all. He didn't even seem to notice. I just felt like it was not my usual well put together party. But there was lots of sugar and loud boys, so I think it all worked out.

Some of my favorite things about Kyson:
*He is so tenderhearted
*He is such a good big brother
*He takes care of us
*He plays the piano
*He loves school (most of the time)
*He loves to cuddle
*He loves to spend time with us
*He reminds us to do prayers, scriptures, etc.
*His teachers have nothing but good to say about him
*He is such a big helper around the house
*He is so handsome
*He sings church songs
*He makes up songs
*He is kind to other kids
*He is soooo smart! (sometimes too smart)
*He is so fun to hang out and play with
*He loves to be sung to at night
*He loves to be tickled
*He still lets me pick out his clothes

We sure love you Kyson and are so grateful you are a part of our family.
Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

The Willett Family Times said...

what a great tribute to your son. I do that often, come up with reasons why I love my kids so much and write them in my journal. Mackenzie turns 7 this week, so our next blog will probably look a lot like yours. :) we miss you all. love, prayers, and blessings to you all from us in Spokane.

Stacia said...

The night I watched your kids I was so impressed with Kyson. He showed me the way his night routine is with brushing teeth, reading a story, saying prayers and we sang primary songs. It was such a sweet evening with them and I got teary eyed at how loving they all were. You are a great mom!

janellelee said...

cute guy!!! b-day parties are fun! i just read your dr. kris post. sounds interesting. i have never heard of that, but i have many unresolved issues. it is good that you are able to recognize it, and do something about it. good luck!!

Dawn said...

WOW! Sounds like a busy birthday! I cannot believe that he plays piano!

Sarah said...

i can't believe he is 7! what a cute kid, looks like he had a great birthday. and you look great!!

Kareen Bailey said...

That is a very nice post. I wish I had read it sooner - I liked your idea of listing nice things about your child and I would have seen the playdate offer! :)

Jana said...

I know those "boy" parties all to well. I learned with M's 6th b-day party that you can't invite all their friends. 13 little boys...it was CRAZY! Luckily we had a rock climbing party, and it wasn't at me house, but still CRAZY! So, now I give him a number to choose to invite. How fun of you. What a sweetkid.