Well, this morning I stepped on the scale and I have gotten rid of 50 pounds since this same week last year. WooHoo! Finally! Sonja kicked my butt to our 50 pound goal, but as much as I hate losing, better late than never, right?! This has been such a process for me. I kinda feel like I am willing to try anything. From the crazy diet I'm doing to working out some emotional "stuff". I feel like anything goes, and I just want to be open to whatever comes my way. I have quite a few friends too that are losing weight, and it is so fun to see everyone doing so good. I love it! December was a hard month.... I gained back a few, ok quite a few, of my hard earned pounds and was kinda bummed. But those are gone now, and never coming back.
Here is something interesting... I was talking to this lady and she said when we say we "lost" weight, our subconsciense mind thinks, "Uh oh! We lost it, we gotta get it back!" (I'm paraphrasing, and probably not well). But I thought it was so interesting. So I have been saying "I'm throwing those pounds out" or "I've gotten rid of 2 more pounds" It has been kinda fun.
But here is the bummer of it and I'm open to solutions. I love to go out to dinner. That's what I want to do on date night. I like someone else making the food, cleaning up the food and the food always seems to taste better. I like just sitting for an hour or so and talking to Jacob or whoever we are with and just enjoying not doing anything. But, when you are trying to lose weight, and are on a program like I'm on, which is so limited to what you can eat, I'm finding that weekends are just not as much fun. What else do you do? Last weekend we went to some friends house and hung out, did some Guitar Hero, which was super fun. This week we hung out at the mall and in Barnes and Noble and talked and stuff. Which was also fun. But I still felt like something was missing. (Hello! How about 2000 calories of greasy, fatty, yummy, PF Changs crispy green beans.....) Maybe we need more friends so we don't run out of people to visit or so the same people don't get tired of us popping in! I love to hang out with people, but by the time the weekend rolls around, I want out of my house for a few hours.... so do I just invite us over to their house? Is that totally tacky? (That's what we did last week :))
So give us some good date night ideas that don't involve food! (or spending lots of money, as we are trying to save money) You can see my dilema.... Where's the fun in counting calories and pennies????
Oh, one more thing. I totally want to plan a party. You know me right, I love a good party! I used to have them all the time. But I haven't done one for months. I don't think you can plan a big party without the food. Jacob says, just don't have food. Can you have a party with out the food? So I keep waiting, thinking one of these days I will be to my goal, and then we can have a party.... But what if that is still months away?! Would you? Have a party without a kitchen full of food???
By the way... What do you think of my new shoes? I. LOVE. THEM!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
50 and Counting!
Posted by Annette Rose at 10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
You could not have found those shoes in the tri-cities. I've looked for fun shoes here...it just doesn't happen! I've been thinking that it's time to venture to the outside to do some serious shopping.
I hear you on the dining out issue. I don't have any great advise on that.
I do think a party needs refreshments. I think either you provide everything, so that it is healthy, or just tell you guests to bring a healthy refreshment to share or nothing at all. More than not, your guests will appreciate the effort. It seems everyone is watching what they eat. We are the 'biggest loser' generation, afterall! :oD
WOW! Way to go on the 50 lbs!!! That is so great! AS far as eating out...just divide your food into what you are eating and then take at least half of it home with you. And of course not ordering anything deep fried would help too! I would totally have a I lost 50 lbs party!!! WITH FOOD! But, it will be healthy food that helped you lose the weight... lettce wraps, edemame, low cal drinks....ect! Good luck! I still want to hear what is your crazy diet!!! I am going to need some help soon.
Way to go! That's awesome and it show how hard you've worked you look amazing! Date night tip: Choose friends who are also trying to lose weight or at least eat healthy and do a progressive dinner or have a competition for who can make the lowest calorie dish or dinner (that still tastes like good food)!
I feel you on the eating out. I don't know how exact you have to be but it seems that if you put in an extra workout, ate your yummies as early in the night as possible and try (for lack of a better word) to keep the meal calorie consumption to a minimum then you should be able to go out and enjoy ocassionaly! Good luck!
That is awesome!! 50lbs is amazing!!! Congrats
Hey Stephanie- I totally did get those shoes here... Journeys at the mall! They have tons of cute shoes. I am now a fan! I can't remember ever shopping there much, but I will now! I saw them as I walked by and knew I had to have them...
Wow! You are doing amazing on your goal of weight loss! It is hard not to overeat while in social settings but, you seem to have great willpower. Cute shoes too!
Soooooo freakin AWESOME!!!! I am so excited for you!
Annette, that is great you have lost 50lbs!! What an accomplishment. I saw your blog link from facebook. And I love your shoes.
Post a Comment